The NLF Vanguards is an honorary group of NAPABA attorneys, judges, law faculty, and legal scholars whose public and private careers have demonstrated outstanding dedication to the APA Community, the welfare of our broader communities, the highest principles of the legal profession, and the encouragement and recognition of commitment to sustaining NLF’s mission and programs.
- Provide funding for practical experience to young APA attorneys who have a passion for public service and the protection of human and civil rights for our community.
- Encourage talented and aspiring APA law students by expanding the NLF Scholarships.
- Encourage our future leaders with recognition of their leadership in the APA community.
- Support the Thomas Tang National Moot Court Competition to highlight and recognize the oral and written advocacy skills of our law students as they grapple with legal issues having a direct and far-reaching impact on our community.
- Expand NLF fellowship programs including the NAPABA In-House Counsel/Partners Community Law Fellowship and the NLF Community Law Fellowship to assist young APA attorneys in pursuing public service careers.
Membership is by invitation and requires a minimum tax-deductible contribution to NLF of $250 per year for ten years, or this gift can be completed immediately. Contributors of more than the minimum will be recognized at higher giving-level designations.